Monday, June 16, 2008

Paris it was NICE knowing you...



Well all good things come to an end. Studying in Paris for 4 weeks will be an experience that I will never forget. From when you get up in the morning to rush off to school to roaming the Paris streets late at night, the education doesn't stop. Being there for an extended time let you really see how life in another country works. From a business standpoint and just a citizen standpoint. As the CEO of Nissan motioned in his discussion on CNN the other day, one of the biggest qualities and skills an employer is looking for is there international experience, ability to understand different cultures and business environments. This is what I certainly gained from my stay in Paris and eventually my short stay in Nice, France on the Mediterranean sea.
As I anticipate my first few weeks at home, I will be bombarded with questions such as "what did you learn in Paris"? I must ask myself this, what did I learned? The answer to me is very simple, I learned to adapt to a new culture and lifestyle. Its no different than adapting a new product to a new market such as France. If you don't know how to adapt and understand different cultures you will not be successful as a global marketer.
To close it off I had a really good time. I met tons of new people, some were Americans others were French, Canadian, and Irish. Social interaction is an important part of education and listening to others and learning how they live their lives compared to you is so valuable. So long Paris...

No comments: