Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Now This is Marketing


When I first got to Paris I did notice that advertising is certainly different, but not necessarily better or worse. One of the first things that caught my mind is the sidewalk cafe advertisements they put on outdoor tables for customers to see. The cafe where I noticed first was very close to the EBS school. Passing this cafe every day you begin to notice that the ads are different each day. What I found funny about this particular advertisement for Ford is the location of the coffee shop. With the cafe located on a busy street and customers being exposed to hundreds of brands and models of cars, what better way for Ford to reach them while they have cars on their mind. If this ad was in a train station it may not have as good of an effect because the customers state of mind is different. To me this is great advertising and I am excited to see more of it.

No comments: